Simple, yet fabulous. This is a look that any of our followers can recreate by simply going into their own closets ! Everyone owns black jeans, a plaid shirt and booties. These accessories are fabulous, yet easily interchangeable. Trade the turban for a beanie or dark lipstick for nude gloss. However, if you don’t mind dropping a little cash, I really suggest purchasing interesting pieces like these ! They’ll spice up your look for seasons to come.
As mentioned a few posts ago, nobody’s social life pauses for winter ! Throw on leather pants, your darkest lipstick and printed footwear and go out for a night on the town ! Don’t forget your on-trend collar and ma-jor lashes. Add a chic clutch and you’re out the door in your super simple, yet fab season appro ensemble.
This photo is perfect proof that some styles are downright fabulous in their own right and transcend gender ! Some key examples shown here:
1. Striped shirts. Feminine on a lady and dapper on a dude, love it.
2. Slim fit/cuffed jeans. All legs look better in slim jeans; no one looks cute when they’re walking around with a blue paper bag on their legs.
3. Oxfords and boat shoes. There’s a reason these keep coming back “in style.” It’s because they never really go OUT of style ! DUH !
4. Field jackets. (You cannot really tell what type of jacket this guy is wearing, but it’s pretty safe to assume to it’s similar to his lady friend’s jacket. That’s the whole point of this picture, amiright?) These jackets are so darn practical that there’s really no reason they wouldn’t work for both genders. Also, thanks to the popularity of prep brands like J.Crew and Lands End, these jackets are sold in every mall.
Alexandra Pereira of Lovely Pepa in ‘Brown Over Brown’ wearing a Celop Punto sweater, Zara skirt and foulard, Mustang boots, Dayaday bag, and Giorgio Armani sunnies.
Making your favorite thin spring skirt work for winter:
1. Layer, layer, layer, especially with longer, chunkier tops ! Adding a sweater instead of a thin tee adds an instant 10 degrees to your overall body heat !
2. Tights are your friend. Whether you opt for a solid pair or chose a printed pair or even a knit pair, tights make everything cold weather appropriate !
3. Footwear is key. By simply choosing the right shoes, you can completely transform a piece. Try pairing your fave spring floral with brown riding boots or a cotton skirt with suede knee-highs. We promise it will make a huge difference !
4. Accessories are always relevant. Scarves, snoods, hats and gloves are always relevant during winter. Make sure they complement your spring piece and voila - a perfect seasonless piece is born !
Tis the season of interesting silhouettes, bold prints, and rad footwear ! And it seems like this girl got the memo. I absolutely love how she embraces plaid in a bold way. Most people would find plaid pants wayyyyy too difficult to pull off, but this chick does it with ease ! By opting for a simple cream sweater and navy coat, she lets her pants take center stage. I also love her cognac booties ! Cognac is my favorite color for anything leather (aside from pants) because it matches ab-so-lute-ly everything. Cognac manages to complement every color of the rainbow, as well as prints. Love it and her !
I absolutely love winter, but I despise the cold. (Don’t ask.) Therefore, I’m always on the lookout for great outerwear. I receive emails from Free People so when I saw the parka on the left, I freaked out. What’s better than fur and a parka ? Fur and a parka together, obviously ! When I saw the price tag, I’m pretty sure I cried a little. Considering that I already have a green parka and 4 fur vests as it is… this wouldn’t be a smart buy. THEN IT HIT ME. All I have to do it wear one of my fur vests OVER my parka ! DILEMMA SOLVED. In my case, I gained a new coat for exactly $0 ! If you don’t own a fur vest and a parka, never fear ! Individually, they still cost less that the whole Free People coat ! Miraculous, amiright ???
Tis the season of sub-50 degrees ! You know what that means… fur, flannel and tons of plaid ! One of my favorite plaids is Scottish-inspired Tartan plaid. Rather than being trendy, tartan plaid pieces are usually classy and preppy. To avoid looking like you should be playing Scottish bagpipes, take inspiration from the lovely ladies above. First, start with a great Tartan piece; you don’t have to buy a skirt (which can look a little Catholic school-girl). Go for pants, a blazer, or an accessory. Next, pair your preppy Tartan with something unexpected. Another printed piece, a leather jacket, or even a crisp white shirt can work ! Happy winter dressing.
This post has been a long time coming, but it is finally here! The one and only Maddy D. looks super fabulous in this ultra preppy look. From her layered striped sweater to her perfectly coordinated oxfords, this outfit is preptastically perfect! Small accents like her heart charm bracelet, cuffed pants and silvery winter white nails are signature elements of Maddy’s simple and cute style. Her outfits are always well put together, not even a strand of hair seems out of place! Navy and burnt orange are two great colors for fall and they look exceptional together in this outfit, well done.
When winter comes, this outfit will make an easy transition by adding boots and a cute puffer vest. Maddy always looks fabulous, we cannot wait to see some more of her cute looks!